Friday, October 17, 2008

24 Hours and Bit Beyond

good morning The greatest thing about sleep is that it gains you more hours on the 'Quit Clock' without even trying.  After yesterday's fiasco where I basically broke down and turned into a raging bull, I find myself a little embarrassed.  I couldn't control myself and allowed myself to get out of control, what a conundrum. 

I recently found out that Karen over at Chaos Free Living has also hopped aboard the quit smoking band wagon.  I'm glad I'm not alone.

Day 2 of the battle to quit smoking brings with it the possibility that one could slip right back into the same old habit.  I find that it is these days that I might find it easy to forget that I have quit smoking and catch myself in the act of heading outside to smoke...only to realize that I don't have any cigarettes on me, nor do I have a lighter anymore.  These are dangerous times for me.

I would love nothing more than to have a smoke right now, so I must resort back to my list of reasons why I don't like smoking and why I want to quit smoking, to help remind me of why I made these decisions.

I am much more calm about things at the present time.  The day is just starting, the sun is rising and it's a brand new day.  I like that I am not smoking.

No comments: