Friday, October 17, 2008

Approaching the 48 Hour Mark

It hasn't even been a complete two days and people are coming out of the woodwork to wish me well and offer up some encouraging words.  Most of them are ex-smokers as well.  I can't list everyone, but I do want to say that you should feel free to leave a comment here for all to see.  Thank you for showing your concern and support to me!

Most notably, I have been referred to a site called Why Quit that has some amazing material.  I just finished reading the Quit Smoking Tip Sheet to help find some encouraging words to help me out RIGHT NOW!

I've just finished lunch, and normally I would saunter outside, sit on the rail of the building and puff away, but not today.  No, today is a different day.  Where yesterday was simply a battle to make it through the day, today is more relaxed and calm.  I'm not so ignorant to believe that I have this licked yet though.  Each day from here should get a bit easier and easier.  Where I need to watch myself is the psychological aspects that might trigger my response to light up.

I can't wait for my lungs to start purging all the gunk and goop I've accumulated over the past 25-30 years.  My girl will love me for that...

No comments: